Monday, October 14, 2013

Guess who is coming to dinner

 

I know - I know more pictures of food - but it is Thanksgiving after all.. So the table is set the invitations have been emailed out and now we wait to see who actually shows up. For the past five years the guess numbers have been increasing - we had fifty five confirm their coming - so we were expecting 75 to 90 to actually arrive. I was told 105 was the seated number that we fed tonight - I think two more tables were set during the meal as people just kept coming and coming... 
I cooked two 19 lb turkeys and i think the ham was about 18 lbs also. 
Scallop potatoes was enough to feed 90 people and mashed potatoes we peeled and mashed approximately 25 lbs 
I made a dressing and a pot of gravy 2 gallons would be my guess and well lets just say there is not much left over... 
Don't forget this is a pot luck and there were lots of desserts - salads and more potatoes and dressing and other goodies... 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment