Saturday, July 13, 2013

Up dating news for the weekend

Saturday, July 13, 2013

So it was Friday - I collect a lot of left over food from the week - placed and organized it in one location - showed the owner and leader of the people who are taking the kids on the ten day hike. Informed they could eat all of this left over foods at their whim - either put in the microwave - or the leader could warm up in the oven - I don't care!! I was leaving - I am going to the condo for the weekend. I am OFF.
Just before lunch an outside contractor showed up to install the new tap system that was ordered way back in the beginning of April and the vent system for the dry storage that will help keep it cooler. Not bad - season is half over and all the extremely hot peak season is just about over...
The owner came in the morning - he informed me that he is sending in extra help to clean the eating areas and dishroom because everything is looking dirty -- YES - yes it is the boys are not very good at doing their jobs... but I am not pushing them..For the last four years I push - nag - keep on top of all this - and I am the bad guy - I get tears - whining - and the other staff listen to my kitchen crew and every one blames me on being to hard.... So !!!
I have taught the boys what to do and what I expect. They have a detail job description and a list to check off before teh day is done - so the knowledge is there - I do give friendly reminders of things that need to be done - but I don't push -- and so this is the results....
The boys want to play - relax .. So be it -let the owner deal with it.
I am only a kitchen manger in name - no real authority - I am not the owner -- thus why I left I am off....
Friday after lunch - I packed the car and I drove away leaving the cabin to go to the condo.
Later in the afternoon my wife and I went to visit a friend in Whistler area - I found a cache - later drove to Whistler and ate a Mexican restaurant - it was very good.
Had a very good night sleep at the condo.. woke up just after eight -

No comments:

Post a Comment