Thursday, June 20, 2013

Conservatory

Thursday, June 13, 2013

I haven't written in a couple of days - the words just seem to fail to flow.
I been thinking why did I like the Bloedel Conservatory.
Is it the birds flying around, the plants - orchids that were in bloom - or is the smell in the air or the humidity. There is something special about having living life all around you enclosed in a glass.
I can not put my finger on it -Most likely it is the combination of all - but all I do know is that I would go back there again and again.


Many years ago now I had over fifty of these Zebra Finches in my house in a large cage that I had built.
I started with only a pair and they did what birds do naturally when they are healthy. I think they sound like a squeakie bed spring.



Now what to say about Vandusen Botanical Garden.
Noni and I did not enjoy this park. We were here last year and didn't really enjoy it so much and this year we both said it seemed worst than last year. I do not recommend this place - I don't think it is worth eleven dollars to enter. It might be if they would invest the money back into planting flowers and making the place attractive. Yes there were sections that were well groomed - planted - but so much more was dead looking or bare.

Container gardens - would love to create these on the deck near the kitchen.




Well at least at the entrance they invested some money and time to make it attractive


No comments:

Post a Comment