Friday, April 26, 2013

Chaos in the Kitchen Area

Chaos in the Kitchen Area

Friday, April 26, 2013

One - Two - Three steps forward and one huge leap backwards would be my comment for camp and for my weight lost goal as well I could add.
First I have been gaining a pound a day says the scale for the last three days - not so pleased with that - I must get control of my food intake again..
OK - Kitchen chaos - I have no drainage - I have no gas - I don't really have use of the running water and NO use of the Toilets near the kitchen.
I am told things must get worst before they can get better - I sure hope so.. This Day -Today - I am told the turning point will happen!
Right after breakfast the trucks and digger thing arrived - then the worker asked me if I had things in the oven and he was going to have to move the propane tank. To do so he has to disconnect it. I am a little upset over this - all the gas stoves are now OUT. I really don't like lighting the stoves - once upon a time I have lost all facial hair - mustache e and eyebrows from doing so and had to spend a night in a hospital. Also our convention ovens are so hard to relight. Oh well nothing I can do about it now.
The camp staff were packing a bag lunch to take on their hike to High Falls - so there was no issues with me not preparing lunch - another good reason for Noni and I to join the staff go hiking.
But supper - no problem I will just cook on a BBQ.
One small problem what do I feed the vegetarians - I have no vegi burgers - I have felafels - OK they I will cook that on the BBQ also, and for my gluten free person can warm up a piece of fish left over from yesterday.
Camp Life...........

one of my favorite meals







No comments:

Post a Comment