Friday, February 15, 2013

Spring and sun

Spring and Sun

Friday, February 15, 2013







Sunny - warm spring day. Too good to stay in side. Out I go to get my 10,000 steps in and to find more caches. I spent two hours in the morning looking for one that is no longer there. In the afternoon a friend joins me to search and find four other caches. He had found the one I was looking for earlier in the morning, just a few weeks ago and so we went together to see if it was there or not. It was not. So I have emailed the owner of this cache to see if he knows if it is missing or just moved. This can be so frustrating at times. However the afternoon was very enjoyable- look at the scenery I am enjoying - it truly is the best backyard in the world! Temperature reading from the cars thermometer read 12 c not bad for a February day.


I also did my first earth cache - this is a cache where you are not looking for a treasure hidden - but a location. At that location you read - on line- information that makes that area special - they you answer a couple of questions -take a picture of what they ask and then post back on line to get the credit of finding it.
Today the earth cache I found was talking about estuaries. Great fun - this sport is both so frustrating and exhilarating. Soon though I will have a small problem - I will have found all the local caches - then I will have to travel to find new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment