Sunday, November 11, 2012

Remembrance Day

Today is Remembrance Day. I do not want to be morbid but it was a long time ago since WW1 and WW2.  We have grown complacence, we take for granted our freedoms and privileges. I know, I for one do not stop often to consider the cost that my life in Canada was brought about by.  Yes! Both sets of my grandparents fought and survived WW2.
I have been in the Canadian military and have thought about the terrific horrors my grandparents did face while I was on different exercises and I am very thankful I did not experience any real "action"
I think this day is important  if only just for one day a year to make us stop and think about the cost of freedom what a huge  price that was paid. We should be grateful everyday - but we are not.

Thank You Grandpa 

No comments:

Post a Comment